The Border Center for Journalists and Bloggers (BCJB) is seeking a tech-savvy professional journalist to lead the BCJB and the Border Hub websites and make them the primer online instances about media development, investigative journalism, border issues, and freedom of expression in the U.S. — Mexico border.
The BCJB Web Manager reports directly to the BCJB President.
General Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the BCJB President and in cooperation with the BCJB team to create and produce relevant content to both the BCJB and the Border Investigative Reporting Hub websites and social networks.
- Communicate program milestones, impact and news through blogs, social media, events organized by BCJB, and a periodical newsletter.
- Design and present investigative reporting stories produced by members of the Mexico Border Investigative Reporting Hub in the Border Hub website.
- Help to develop innovative education and communication projects that align with BCJB mission and goals: : online courses, guides, manuals, tutorials, etc.
- Working closely with the BCJB President to communicate BCJB’s announcement of the Border Hub Investigative Award winners;
- Other responsibilities assigned by BCJB president as necessary.
Required experience and skills
- 5-8 years as an investigative journalist in the U.S. — Mexico border.
- 5-8 years leading an online news publication.
- Proven experience in online campaigns via social media.
- Proven experience in multimedia journalism.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
Desirable experience and skills
- Experience as a trainer and conferencist in media and journalism conferences.
- Participation in independent journalists networks and organizations.
- Experience in freedom of expression.
If you are interested, please send an email with a resume and a cover letter to jorgeluis at bordercenter dot net.